Saturday, August 1, 2009

Its gonna take a lot to drag me away from you...

I've had Toto's Africa in my head all summer! *partly due to the song dedications I got before I left :P (I secretly enjoy that song)

I'm in Mombasa right now taking a break from soaking in the indian ocean *swoon* this place is beyond beautiful!

We've done alot since we arrive, though we're only spending 4 nights here so let me start by telling a little bit about the crocodile farm we went to. Mamba village is the biggest crocodile farm in East Africa so we saw hundreds and maybe thousands of crocodiles of all sizes! It's kinda weird though... because on one hand the guide was giving us a tour and telling us about the nature of these animals and on the other, he was showing us where the skinning for export takes place and asked whether or not we wanted to eat some crocs. We said yes. Don't hate. haha! it really did tastes like fish flavored chicken. There was a botannical garden and other animals there too! The picture above is of an albino crocodile amongst other baby crocodiles :)
Here are some pictures:
Me holding a baby croc
me holding a small python
Croc feeding time
Brown bear feeding time

2 comments:

  1. Hello maggie!! im in Flordia reading this and believe me this the highlight of my day.. so far

    i got to admit u good with that snake around ur neck.. all u need is some stilettos

    miss u! p.s can u come back a day early?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey darling Maggie,
    I am so happy you are enjoying the country so much, and I miss you guys... can't wait to see you when you return. I've read everything you have both written. Please inform Mayan that I am proud of him: he has managed to look uncannily like Fidel Castro. That's not an easy thing to pull off. Kudos!
    Love you dear,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete