Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fort Jesus

Hi! I miss you! Okay, so you heard what we do with our nights but we also do things in the day too. Albeit half drunk still but we are maximizing on our time here!


Yesterday we headed to Fort Jesus. One of the first slave trade hubs in East Africa. This fort is also significant because it brought over Christianity. I love it when we visit places like this with a local to tell us the history because it just reminds me of how resilient the nation is. Since mombasa is on the coast, the town has a heavy Arabic influence.


It has a high Muslim population and we went on a Friday so it was less congested and I really like the laid back atmosphere. We walked around and did some shopping as well. A nice, easy afternoon :)

I love this picture because of the little boys playing soccer :)

Oh and CAMELS on the beach! fun! *except for all the beach boys hoovering around them waiting for me to become their sugar mama* They can get pretty aggressive. They seriously got things twisted hahaha! I don't know what makes them think I'm about to pay THEM. the nerve.
The last message is some graffiti I saw near Fort Jesus. I like :)
Talk to you soon,
xoxo
Gossip Girl.

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING! I read all three posts and can honestly say this has definitely changed youre life. Let me know when your flight comes in. Perhaps I can round up the troops to see you in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you say your'e coming back on sept?i hope you are because i have'nt seen you for a while!!:(

    <:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wa gwan Mags!! hahaha getting lazy on the blog eh? what ever i miss ur ass

    Mos Def droped a new album.. i burned u a copy. Bye!!

    ReplyDelete