Saturday, August 1, 2009

My girl likes to partying all the time...


Salaam!


So, travelling with one dude has its perks, but many of the times me and Mayan are looking to make friends. Frankly, we get tired of looking at each other's faces while sitting idly. So, we knew when we were planning for Mombasa we would pull out all the stops to meet new people! (I am, by the way, THE best wing man EVER. PERIOD.)

So, on our first night we took our girl Sheila's recommendation and hit up Bob's, an outdoor bar/club place and met a few archaeology students taking a break from digging up the desert in the North. Kenya, by the way, is often referred to the cradle of life. GOD I love this place! Anyways we ended up partying with them and ended up at their villa! (which was kinda set up like real world. WEIRD.)


The thing that messes me up about Kenya is that the clubs close whenever the last person leaves. So you can imagine how EXHAUSTED I was the next day *damn you Safari and Kenya cane!* I was also burnt out because I'm soft and we hadn't had that kind of excitement in a LONG time. Needless to say we took it to another level... Toronto Style ;)


I was feeling disgusting last night but said, "what the heck, let's do it again". This time we hit up Tembo, also recommneded by Sheila, our girl from Philly :) *She's papa's granddaughter*





Mayan and I pretty much just matatu it everywhere... though its not very safe at night. Whatever. I'm young and invincible. A taxi to Tembo was 300 Ksh. a Matatu is 20 ksh. HUGE difference when you'd rather spend the money on alcohol. Larissa: I promise i'm not a lush. I kinda like the vibe too! The one we were in last night had reggae pumping and black lights haha! I felt like I was in a moving strip club! always a good, settling feeling. You can't see the lights in the picture, but you get the deal :)




Back to my review of Tembo:

If you want to get hustled out of using the washroom by prostitutes, Tembo is the place to be! FULL of working women and beach boys I think as well. but over all, it was fun! *it would have been better if my bladder wasn't about to burst everytime I moved :(


The old guy was totally patting my butt.

Tonight, we're gonna play it safe and stay in since we leave tomorrow. Don't quote me on that though haha :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! nice tan.. u DO NOT look like an old banana.. im glad you're having a good time and eating well

    i can't call u for a week cuz im flying to Florida today but i will be reading and commenting on your blogs so keep dem thangs rolling!! im hooked on this journey

    miss u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggle. It looks like the guy in the orange shirt next to you in one of the pictures saved money taking the matatu for some extra booze. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete