Sunday, September 27, 2009

No need to settle down, my body don't know how

Hey guys! YES i'm still blogging now that I'm back in Toronto!

I'm a few days short of having been back a month, the whole time telling myself I SHOULD and MUST blog.
This is telling of how much "me" time I've had.

I've been trying my best to get back into the groove of my life before I left and I think I've done okay. I've been anticipating and yearning for it for awhile now! While I'm living life as I had, I can't help but think WOW.. is all this really necessary? I mean.. I love my life but I feel like in order to enjoy little things, I have to consider the other chain of events a decision can make. My life sounds simple, it's basically school, art club, work and friends. It sounds simple, all I have to do is show up and do work. WRONG. *especially with concurrent education*

I have to teaching high school, apply for club funding and program space, opt out of York catering, get a new outfit for my sister's birthday, write assignments all while looking good for work and keeping up a social life. All these little things are packing up my schedule! And while I feel i have the same ability to organize my life, I find myself questioning...WHY ALL THE CLUTTER? I'm not trying to idealize my time spe
nt in Kenya, I do realize that my volunteer work there was only sustainable for a short time and people can't really live that way forever. But it did help me see how much fluff there is in my life now.

Example: If I want to enroll in a class i can't just do it if there's seats available. I gotta call people, set up appointments, get put on a waiting list before they approve me. Sometimes, democracy IS a time consuming bitch! *this is my venting session.. let me air out* .....I'm EXHAUSTED. but glad to be back. The thing is, I would never lighten my load even though I complain. Which is very ME pre-internship. So I guess I do resemble my former self. I just need to let off some steam once in awhile.

I love my program and the art club has been such an integral part of my growth as an educator and leader that I could never leave unless absolutely necessary. I HAVE to go out and party
even though it complicates my life. And work? Well, I need something fuel my spending habits :P

I'm back to my fast paced lifestyle y'all. I still got it. I'm just a whole lot more critical.

There is so much to say, but I lack the words to say it. I'm just glad to be home and to ALWAYS have somewhere to go and SOMETHING to do.

me and my little tandoori flame at my sister's birthday :)

1 comment:

  1. i love you too big spoon. May the light of the moon festival bring abundant blessing to you and your family as you gaze at my sleeping body with your most beautiful almond shaped eyes.

    ReplyDelete